Tuesday, August 2

I'm Lazy

Let's forget for a moment about all the benefits of breastfeeding and co-sleeping, and all the recommendations made by the WHO, the AAP, etc - I have come to realize that we are still doing both partly because I am lazy.  (Note the big emphasis on PARTLY, this is certainly not the driving reason.)

This past weekend was a busy one. One in which we spent more time away from the house than at the house. And as such Monkey's nap schedule was all off, thus throwing off his night sleeping.

So at 3:30am, as he's fussing in the co-sleeper next to me, I came to realize that without breastfeeding and co-sleeping I would be a lot grumpier. The ability to roll over, pick-up my child, feed him, and put him back to bed without ME having to even so much as sit-up is amazing. I am lazy, I thought. There is no way that night I would have been able to stumble down to his bedroom, get him, stumble to the kitchen, make a bottle, feed him, put him back to sleep and then put myself back to sleep. We probably would end up both laying on the kitchen floor in a pool formula. basking in the glow of the refrigerator light (because of course I would have left the door open).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts