Friday, November 18

Mother's Intuition?

This post was originally typed weeks ago... before the storm, and the sickness and all that jazz... but it's still relevant.

The other night I woke up around 4:30am.  And I mean WOKE up.  I was wide awake.  I laid in bed as still as I could, as to not wake Husband.  But I couldn't stand it any more, I was ready to get up and clean the house or something.  So I decided to use the loo and go make a cup of sleepy time tea.  I had been looking forward to sleeping in till 7 as I had the day off, but it didn't look like that was going to happen.

As I was washing my hands I heard the baby start fussing, so I went in to nurse him.

We sat in the dark in his room and nursed and rocked and nursed some more.  And before I knew it we were both drifting off to sleep, so I laid him down and crawled down the hall and back into my bed.

The next thing I knew it was a little after 7am.  Oh it was wonderful.

When I told Husband this story, he remarked it was "mother's intuition".  Me, I think it was just a lucky break.  What would you call it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts