Monday, July 28

Surprise!

No, I am not pregnant.  I wrote this blog post, then read it and read the title and all I could imagine is everyone thinking we were expecting based on the title.  

TT is my "sleeper".  Don't get my wrong RR is a great sleeper, always has been.  But with RR also came night-terrors and sleepwalking.  And ERP is still figuring out this whole "sleep at night" thing.  TT on the other hand sleeps 11 hours a night and naps for 2 or 3 or even 4 hours a day.  Hey... he's a big guy and needs the sleep to grow.

So yeah, TT is my good sleeper.

Last night, I went upstairs and checked on RR; it was a little before 11pm.  I turned off his computer and his lights, then went to brush my teeth before checking on TT.  While taking my vitamins I think I hear TT.  I stop and listen, start opening the bottle again, and stop and listen again.  I decide I must be hearing the TV downstairs.

Then I open TT's bedroom door.

All the lights are on.  It's as bright as day.

And there is TT, standing in his sleep sack - caught mid-step - on his way back to his bed - clutching his ABC book.

He looks at me - surprise!!

I look at him - surprise!!

And he starts crying.  It was so adorable, and sweet and sad at the same time.  Husband came to see what was going on.

So I sat in the rocking chair, and offered to read his ABC book.  He read it, through the tears... and was done crying before the end.

He was shocked.  He had been caught.

Then we nursed and off to bed again he went.

What a sweetie... this time.  It happens again I am sure I will not find it so cute and sweet and innocent.

1 comments:

Amy said...

Awww so sweet! Thanks for reminding me to go read to the kids tonight!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts