Sunday, July 3

A Good Read

A good book is one of life's simple pleasures.  A pleasure that I was afraid Turkey had lost.

Turkey learned to read the summer before kindergarten.  At first he was an avid reader, but as time went on his interest in reading seemed to wane.  Little did I know, he just hadn't found the right book.  

For his vacation to the beach with his grandma I bought him Diary of a Wimpy Kid.  It was purchased on a Tuesday night and he was leaving on Friday around lunch time.  Wednesday morning he asked if he could start reading it, sure I said; assuming it would be short lived as most of his books had been recently.  

Boy was I wrong.  He couldn't put it down.  He followed me around the house reading it. 


He read it to his brother when I asked him to play with him. 



He wanted to read it when we walked to the post office on my lunch break (I work from home on Monday and Wednesday, but I drew the line at that one.


He read it cover to cover in about 3 hours.  Then when he was done, he started to re-read it; out loud to me as I was working.  But I guess I wasn't a very good audience so he finished re-reading it to himself.

That night we went out and got the second DoWK for his trip.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts