Monday, May 23

Bat!!!!

Turkey reminded me of this story while I was tucking him in tonight, and it's such a funny story I just had to share.

This story happened 4 years ago this August.  I was a single mom at the time, living on the 1st floor of a 2-family house with my mom and her 2nd husband, M, living above us.  Turkey was 3.5 years old and I had just started dating Husband.

Back then I didn't have any AC units, and with it being August and New England the weather was hot and muggy; so we had the windows open.  Turkey was sleeping in his room which was in the back of the house, windows open (screens in) and ceiling fan on.  I was on the phone with Husband (mind you not quiet boyfriend status then) out on my front porch.  We were just chatting, basic get to know you chit-chat that typically follows a second date.

Out of no where I hear Turkey screaming, a blood curling scream.  So I run to him as fast as any mom could; phone still in hand and on.  I open the door to his room and a bat flies out at me, buzzing my head, and then flies back into Turkey's room.  I grab Turkey and we dart out of his room, slamming the door behind us and locking the bat in.

Husband who could hear everything on the other end of the line is yelling into the phone to find out what is going on as I am screaming too.  He was ready to jump into his truck and drive out to see what was going on.  I explain to him about the bat and he offers to come and take care of it.

Meanwhile, M has burst into the apartment to see what is going on; with my mom quickly behind him.  M offers to take care of the bat; and I let Husband know everything will be taken care of.

In true Dan Aykryod and John Candy fashion via The Great Outdoors M is fighting the bat.  It was a sight to see; in my adult eyes a comical sight. Turkey however didn't quiet see it that way.

We're not really sure how the bat got into his room; perhaps one of the small holes in his screen, perhaps during the day when all the doors in the house where open.  Regardless Turkey does not like bats, nor does he like his windows being open.  If he catches them open, he insists that they be closed; no matter how hot it is.  And, to no one's surprise he does not like bats.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts