Wednesday, May 18

I Survived

Yesterday was my first day back in the office from maternity leave.  I had stopped going into the office about 2 weeks before Monkey was born, before that I was only going in once or twice a week since the beginning of the year.  So I was a little nervous about going in - aside from missing my baby, worrying about pumping (man do I have a lot of stuff to haul back and forth now), how Husband would manage... I was also nervous about all the internal changes at work.  New co-workers (4 of them to meet), new rules, new procedures, where to pump in private, and the same old drama.  But in the end I survived.

My day actually went by rather quickly. It was helpful to know that today I would be working from home (unfortunately this thought will not be helpful the next 2 days because they are both office days).  Tons of time was wasted chatting my my boss and catching up on the happenings.  And then when you're pumping every 2.5 hours that really breaks up the day.

I was able to pump 18 ounces at work, 3 more than Monkey ate.  This is a good thing.  But then one of the bottles leaked all over the inside of the fridge, so I was only able to bring home 11 ounces.  Thank goodness for my huge freezer stash.

When I got home life was crazy, it's just so late and Monkey goes to bed so early, and he wanted to nurse, but then he wanted to cry and nurse and cry and nurse (poor little guy).  Not to mention Turkey needs attention and help with his homework.  And then there is this thing called dinner.  And to not make anything easier the brakes on my car went the day before, so I was driving Grandma's car and meeting with my neighbor who was fixing my car (thanks, Jen).  Husband had to go to the bank, and we had other errands to do.  The night was simply crazy.  It made the whole "going to the office" part of the day seem like the easy part.  But again, I did survive.

I'm thinking that if I keep reminding myself I survived on Tuesday I will survive without loosing it on Thursday and Friday.

1 comments:

Amy said...

Good luck!!! You sound more than capable of making it all happen!!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts