Sunday, March 6

Mommy's Milk

Apparently my new born son, Monkey, did not get the memo about how precious breast milk is.  He has not spent time on the internet reading message-boards and forums that deal with the need to and the often difficulty associated with breast feeding.  He is not aware that breast milk is so coveted that it is sold "black market" on the internet - otherwise; he wouldn't be acting the way he does.

Monkey relishes a good feeding, and loves looking longing up at me with a stream of mommy milk dribbling down his chin.  When he first started doing this I used to look down at him and think "Don't you know the value of that?", thinking what a waste it was; especially after he has a spit-up episode and looses half his lunch.  But now after almost 3 weeks of breast feeding him I am starting to come to terms with his oblivion.



And this is a good thing, if I stressed over every ounce he "wasted" I would loose my mind.  And now when Monkey looks at me with a fresh milk mustache I can laugh, and relish in the fact that not only does it fill his belly and helps him grow, mommy milk is also a source pleasure for him - something to play with.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Cute - Gabby still does this at 6 months old. in fact it's gotten worse because she becomes more distracted when feeding. I love her little smiles when she eats.

desco1510 said...

It's nice read your story. It's interesting. Good Jobbaby products

Post a Comment

Popular Posts