Monday, March 7

Naps

When you have a baby everyone tells you to nap when baby naps... this is easier said than done.

In the first few days after he was born I could have easily done this, but then Monkey was admitted to the hospital for jaundice and napping was the last thing on my mind.  Now that we've been home for almost 2 weeks I have felt the need to nap maybe a handful of times.  Most of the time when Monkey is sleeping I feel the need to get something, anything done  - laundry, dishes,  thank you cards, playing with Turkey, blog postings, etc.  Napping just isn't high on my list.

But then this morning, I would have done almost anything for a nap.  I was finally ready.  Monkey had a good feed and seemed sleepy, so I put him down and laid down myself.  And as soon as I turned out the light he woke up.  I called in reinforcements, aka my husband.  They should call him The Baby Whisperer - he can put that child to sleep like none other.  But Monkey fought it, so while I waited for him to fall asleep I had a snack, had some water - and wouldn't you know it, as soon as Monkey was asleep I was wide awake.  Go figure.

2 comments:

Devin said...

I hate when that happens!

Stacey said...

I saw this title and thought, "Naps are highly overrated." ;) I think it's sour grapes on my part, because I'd like a nap sometimes and I cannot get one. :P

Post a Comment

Popular Posts