Monday, March 28

And the award goes to.....

I will admit in the 9 months leading up to Monkey's birth I was worried about how Turkey would react, after all he had been an only child for 6 going on 7 years.  And Turkey gave me plenty of reasons to be nervous during those 9 months, despite us trying to make sure he was heavily involved with the baby-coming-planning.  But as we got closer and closer to Monkey's arrival I began to fear the change less and less.  Finally on the night Monkey was born I knew it would be all right, when Turkey waited for us in the car as to "not miss his brother or sister coming".  

Last night, as I was cooking dinner Monkey was upstairs sleeping and I began to hear him fussing.  As husband was indisposed of, and the ham steaks needed my attention on the stove I asked Turkey to go see his brother and give him his pacifier,. I would be up in the minute I told him.  Within seconds of Turkey getting upstairs I heard Monkey settle.  Then all of a sudden Turkey is yelling for me "Mom, where are the diapers?".  I pulled my grill pan off the stove and dashed upstairs.  There was Turkey in the process of changing Monkey's diaper.  So I asked Turkey why he was changing the diaper, not that I minded.  He told me Monkey "didn't want his nook, and didn't like it when I turned on the mobile.  I figured he wanted a boob, but I couldn't give him that, so I decided to check his diaper."

So there you have it folks, the Brother of the Year Award goes to Turkey!!!!  Granted I might be a little biased, but I am so proud of my oldest boy.  He has made a better than expected transition from being an only to having a sibling.  He loves to read to his brother, take bathes with his brother, show him off at school (yup, we brought the baby to school so he could); he is just so proud.

Now if only he can remember how he loves tending to his brother and helping out when he's 14 and Monkey is 7.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Aw!! That's so sweet! I bet, with that age difference, Turkey will always look out for his younger brother. They're too far apart to be in immediate competition with each other ;) What will be the hardest, I bet, is when Turkey moves out!

justadrienne said...

That is so cute! I love that he said "wanted a boob", me and DH say the same thing! LOL!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts