Saturday, April 5

4 Months

My little name ERP turned 4 months old yesterday.  This has certainly been a month of milestones for him.  I don't know if it's because I am with him more than I was his brothers at this age or what; but I swear I am noticing every little thing that he does.  I can tell from one day to the next that he is starting to use his hands together versus independently, I notice when he's going through developmental leaps without looking at the calendar or an app on my phone.  When I look in his eyes, I sometimes feel like I can see him thinking and wondering.  Those big big eyes.  Those eyes that look more and more light blue with every passing day.  I so hop your eyes stay blue baby.  Mama would love a blue eyed boy.

Over this month his fair has also gotten increasingly lighter; although it is still very much chameleon hair - some days it looks dark brown, others a dirty blond and still others a touch of red.

This month ERP started rolling over, from back to front.  He does it fairly regularly these days.  I've tried to get it on video a number of times, but he doesn't like to perform.  ERP has also developed a whole new host of sounds, including a screech.  That too I have tried to get on video, and he clams up the minute he sees the light on my phone.  He is a wiggle worm when on the floor, he rolls here and there, scooches and manages to get himself wedged under chairs and couches.  As I write this, he has rolled from front to back and is trying to get his knees under him.  He was such a mover and shaker in utero, I guess nothing has changed.

ERP is just now getting into his size 3 months clothes.  The fancy European sized clothing that we have some of is a size 2-4 months.  He is my pocket baby still.

He had a terrible ear infection this past month and had snot coming out of his ear - otherwise he was totally his normal happy self.  At that appointment he was 12 lbs. 4 ounces.  I am guessing when he finally has his 4 month well visit (on the 14th) he'll be 13 lbs.

This month has also seen ERP starting to fall into a more predictable pattern.  He is up most days around 6:30am and is ready for his first nap at 8am.  He is typically up from that nap around 10:30 ish and is ready to go back down again around noon.  He'll wake from his second nap around 3or so and will look for another nap around 5pm.  If we hold off on that last nap, he thinks it's a good idea to go to bed at 6pm.  Otherwise ,I tuck him in around 8:30pm.  We started reading books before bed and he LOVES them.

Things from this month I don't want to forget:
~ Watching him learn how to take his pacifier out of his mouth and put it back in
~ How easily he smiles at everyone
~ The first time he rolled over
~ The smell of his hair
~ The way he gets so excited right before we nurse
~ How much he misses me when I go into the office and how happy he is to see me when I come home
~ The funny noises he's making
~ Watching him play with his musical giraffe
~ The fact that his stuffed cow is his favorite toy
~ Him giving hugs to his brothers
~ The way he yells at the TV when Baby Mozart comes on
~ Him sitting in his bumbo for the first time
~ Him sitting in his high chair for the first time
~ How much he disliked his first breastmilk popsicle - too cold

Here's a video of ERP playing with his toys - I was trying to get him rolling over.  He stopped rolling once the camera came out and then finished once I got out of his face.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts