Friday, April 29

The Circus (Part 1 of a 2 Part Series)

The circus; and no I am not talking about my house on Christmas Eve.

Our journey to the circus began a few weeks ago at The Home Show.  In between oohing and aahing over the hot tubs and the latest revelations in floor care, we stopped by the Melha Shriners booth.  While Husband and Turkey were chatting with some members and looking at one of their buggy cars I made a small donation and entered into the raffle to win free tickets to The Circus.  Just after I put in our raffle entry a member came out from behind the booth and told me to fill out an additional raffle card and give it to him.  I explained that I already entered the raffle once (rules state you can only enter once), he told us he was the chairman of the circus and we would be his special guests.  So I filled out the card, told Husband and Turkey the news, thanked the man and we went on our way.  Husband and Turkey ran into the man a few more times that day, and thanked him each time (sadly we didn't ask him his name).

As the weeks went by and the circus came closer and closer I kept checking the mailbox looking for out tickets. But as the weeks went by, I became saddened to realize the tickets weren't coming.  Turkey on the other hand was getting more and more excited for the circus; especially when he saw the commercials.  And you know how he loves his commercials.

I really wanted to look into where the tickets went as we have the worst mail delivery and pick-up at our house.  But if we had to, we would have bought tickets and taken Turkey covering for whatever may have happened (he was telling everyone we were special guests at the circus).

Then I realized that the tickets maybe at a will-call-booth or such.  So I tracked down a number and had Husband call.  After about a half dozen conversations and repeating what happened over and over again, we were no closer to finding our tickets and I was becoming increasingly alarmed about giving out my address to a stranger (not that I thought a member of the Shriners would do anything, but still).  Finally Husband spoke to a Mr. Jim Spear, we described who we had spoken to (what he looked like, etc) and Mr. Spear said he had a feeling who we dealt with (and he certainly wasn't the chairman of the circus).  He apologized for what was going on and ensured him that we would be going to the circus.  We were asked to pick a date and time, and Mr. Spear told us our tickets would be waiting for us.

So tomorrow morning it's off to the circus for us.

Many thanks to Mr. Spear I am sure we're going to have a great time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts