Saturday, May 7

Mother's Day Thoughts

My friend over at The Good Witch of the South earlier wrote the most amazing and moving blog post about Mother's Day.  And it really got me thinking, and while I don't plan on copying her blog post, I wanted to share how Mother's Day has evolved for me, since becoming a mom.  (Because what "mommy blog" would be complete without thoughts on Mother's Day.)

My 1st Mother's Day, Monkey was just a little older than Turkey is right now.  My X surprised me in the morning with a mother-child pendant.  Since X had to work I went to brunch with my mom, X's grandma, my grandma (my mom's mom) and an aunt (and Turkey of course).  And thus my Mother's Day brunch tradition was born.



My 2nd Mother's Day found me as a newly single-mom.  It was certainly a turbulent time in my life, that year I went to brunch with just my mom, and it was a far scaled back version to the previous year.

After that my mom moved half-way across the country, but I still went to brunch with my X's gradma and spent time with my grandma.  (And Turkey of course).

When Husband came into the picture he took over the Mother's Day preparation duties. And Mother's Day became a holiday with mushy poems from Turkey (created at preschool / school), chocolates and flowers from Husband (and might this is his first Mother's Day at Husband status, but he did a great job as boyfriend and fiancée), and BRUNCH.

Do you see a pattern here?

So this is my first Mother's Day with 2 little ones.... my two guys.  And I still have the sweater Turkey wore 7 years ago.... hhhmmmm.... wonder what the weather will be like and if Monkey can wear it tomorrow.  My first Mother's Day was wet and cold.

Tomorrow we'll go to brunch, at my new favorite brunch spot with my mom and step-dad.  Then off to see all the other important moms in our lives.

Happy Mother's Day!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts