Tuesday, November 6

Old Man Winter

I'm not sure who invited Old Man Winter, but really they should have consulted with me first.

I swear I woke up this morning, at 5:15am - thank you day light savings time (can you hear the sarcasm in that remark) and it was a chilly 17F at the house this morning.

Bbbrrrrrrr.

I can remember many a high school football games on cold wet November days, when the field was frozen and the skies were grey.  But I swear it wasn't this cold this early in November back then.

Granted last year we were digging out feet and feet of snow at this time.  But still.  I swear it wasn't this cold.

Am I whining enough already?

Sure, in the grand scheme of things it being cold in New England in November is pretty typical and not worthy of complaining about.  But I would have liked a warning.

You know a big sign, pulled on the back of a plane that says "Kate - get the winter stuff out of the attic".

Or maybe some flashing neon warning me.

I swear I just put away the boys winter clothes from last year.

Oh well.  End rant... and back to your regularly scheduled blog.

1 comments:

Sue said...

LOL, I was outside in my pj's at 5:15 a.m and wondered why it was so cold. Duh! I forgot to put a jacket on. I enjoyed it after that.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts