Wednesday, July 4

Cherries on a Cloud

For the longest time Gram used to ask me to make her a coconut cake for her birthday (which is the 4th); but then Husband came along and he's allergic to coconut (so I don't keep any in the house) and she would be happy with most any cake I made her.

I'd like to think she would have enjoyed today's yummy pie I made - Cherries on a Cloud; also known as no bake cheesecake with cherries.

I had to give it a new name because Turkey doesn't like your standard New York style cheesecake; but I knew he'd love this.  It's the perfect hot weather desert.


Beat 2 packages of cream cheese, softened along with 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
Once creamy add 1 pint heavy whipping cream; and whip until soft peaks.  Add 2/3 cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon vanilla; beat until fairly stiff peaks form.  Pour into a (pre-made) graham cracker crust and top with cherries (or what have you).  Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.


When serving to the toddler crowd wear a rain jacket or bring an umbrella.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts