Wednesday, October 26

Project Food Budget2.0 (Week 2/3)


Last week I jumped on the pig and joined Project Food Budget 2.0.  My budget was $100.
Let's see how I did: $86.74 at the grocery store; OK good start.  Then I heard that Peppreidge Farm was having an additional 10% off sale, and I needed to stock up anyhow, so that was another $29.77.  Near the end of the week I needed to run out and get the tomatoes I forgot for the tacos and milk.  That trip somehow came up to $ 20.55.  So for my first week I was over budget ($137.05 spent, so $37.50 over), but in my defense we will not need to buy bread, cookie or crackers for at least 6 weeks.

This week's menu consists of:

Monday – mac and cheese for the kids (Husband and I ate when he got back from a client's house).  
Tuesday – eggs, toast, sausage and fruit
Wednesday – chicken quesadillas and salad (Turkey's pick)
Thursday – chicken sandwiches, sweet potato fries, salad
Friday – Out to dinner for my Mom’s b-day (I think we're going for Mexican.)
Saturday – Eat at camp-out (It's a Halloween themed over night camping trip Husband and Turkey are going on, Monkey and I will be there for dinner the night before.  It's $24 for the 3 of us).  
Sunday – Crock-Pot Pork Chops, cauliflower ala Melissa, roasted potatoes

My budget this week is $150, as I need to stock up on some pantry staples and meats.

Last night I went to the grocery store, and spent $146.44, but $21.25 was on Christmas presents (doesn't everyone pick up the odd random Christmas present at the grocery store) and batteries.  which leaves me at $125.19.  

If you'd like to see how others are doing on this project you can check them out here:


3 comments:

Morgan said...

What's your recipe for the crock pot pork chops?

Emily said...

looks like you're doing well with the budgeting! and being smart about your purchases (ie - getting things on sale)!

glad to have you on board for the project.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you joined in! Your pig comment made me giggle.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts