Sunday, October 16

Jumping on the Pig aka Project: Food Budget 2.0



A few days ago I read Erica G's blog, Warm as Apple Pie, and she was working on Project: Food Budget 2.0; I was intrigued and wanted more info.  She pointed me to Emily Levenson who started this project... and now at Week 3 I am jumping on the pig.

I used to be BIG on menu planning , but then the baby came along and the wheels fell off.  We've tried a few times to get back to it, but one thing or another always seems to get in the way, so hopefully this is the kick in the pants I need.  As an added bonus when I menu plan everyone gets to pick at least one meal, so they have at least one of their favorites to look forward to.

When I was menu planning I was also shopping from a list, based on that menu.  Shopping to AND sticking to the list helps save money.  It really does.  Don't argue.  :-)

So this weeks menu.

Monday: Eat at my Mom's House!!  (bonus)
Tuesday: Tacos (Turkey's choice)
Wednesday: Meatless Pasta (Husband's choice)
Thursday: Tuna Sandwiches (Turkey's choice) with Oven Fries
Friday: Crockpot Chicken, Winter Squash, Orzo (My pick)
Saturday: Out of Town (Pumpkin Feast... from our bucket list)
Sunday: Pancakes, Eggs, Sausage, Fruit Salad (My pick)

Lots and lots of salad (as always), and fruit, and milk.  Husband is having grinders for lunch this week.  I'll be taking soup and sandwiches for lunch.  Turkey is buying lunch 4 out of 5 days this week at school.

My budget $100 (not including Saturday eating out, Pumpkin Fest is on it's own budget).

Let's see how it goes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts