Thursday, November 10

Project Food Budget: Week 6



This week has been a bit of a mess timing wise (too much going on outside the home)... this is what I planned for dinners this week:

Sunday – Ham steaks, couscous, salad
Monday – yellow rice, beans and corn, broccoli,
Tuesday – burritos
Wednesday – hot dogs, beans, salad
Thursday – eggs, corn beef hash, toast and fruit salad
Friday – Date night
Saturday – crock pot pork chops, orzo, turnip (still haven't made this from weeks ago, don't worry Meghan once I do I will post the recipe).  


This is what we actually had:

Sunday – Ham steaks, couscous, salad
Monday – we ate my my aunt's house, she made pasta it was yummy!!!
Tuesday – chili dogs and salad
Wednesday – egg salad sandwiches 
Thursday – I bought DH a pizza... he's had a long hard week


And we're still on for:
Friday – Date night
Saturday – crock pot pork chops, orzo, turnip (still haven't made this from weeks ago, don't worry Meghan once I do I will post the recipe).  


I spent $76.96 at the grocery store this week.  Plus another $21.25 for pizza, so that puts me at a little over $100 this week.  Not bad.  And as an added bonus I have lots of meals to fall back on that I have stuff for already.  However I need to get some staples that the grocery store didn't have following the snow storm... so I guess in the end everything will balance out.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts