Tuesday, June 19

Attacked

Things have been pretty quiet lately over here at Two Eggs.  It's not that I don't have anything to blog about, it's just that I don't have the time to write.

So you can imagine my surprise when I checked my e-mail this morning and had notification of a new comment posted on my blog.  I was giddy with excitement.  I love getting comments on my posts; whether they are written here or on Facebook when I provide link-ups.  Comments are wonderful.

Until they are mean.

I know I am not the first person to be attacked on their blog, and I am sure I will not be the last; nor do I expect this is going to be a one time thing (and if it is I am more than OK with that); but it still hurt.

The comment was made on one of my breastfeeding posts.  And there are a lot of those in these pages, that's for sure.

The poster wrote: Wow, funny that ignorant people like you exist. If anyone thought about the thousands of reasons that breast feeding is great for, how the baby could benefit from it, then anything else could wait

Wow.  Is right.  Clearly they didn't read THE ENTIRE post.

Because you know, I am totally ignorant about breastfeeding... like seriously, I've only been breastfeeding this baby for the LAST 16 MONTHS (combine that with the time I breastfeed the older one and that's well over 2 years of experience)... so I couldn't possibly know what I am talking about.  Especially when I talk about MY OWN EXPERIENCES and spend every forth post saying how wonderful breastfeeding is.

So yeah, I deleted the comment.  Because I can.  That's why.  My blog, my ability to censor comments. And compared to other blogs I make it pretty easy to comment.  I don't require you to put in a password or enter a code; nor do I make all posts subject to my approval first.  Although it makes me wonder...

I am sure I should have ridden the high road on this one, and have just deleted the comment and let it go; but for some reason I feel the need to put this out there.

I welcome comments.  I LOVE comments.  And I have no problem with people disagreeing with my opinion, as long as they are respectful.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Grrr Hugs and support! Delete at will, it's your right. :)

jennie kathryn said...

psh... that wasn't a comment... that was a moron spouting off about something that they obviously are too ignorant to read in it's entirety, let alone comprehend enough to know what you are talking about in the first place.
i applaud your ability to delete :)

and try not to let it bother you... people like that aren't worth the effort.. *hugs*

Morgan said...

Did they not read any of the post? wow!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts