Saturday, May 5

Belated Thanks

This afternoon I pulled out my box of thank-you cards.  After nearly two and a half months it was finally time to kick my butt in gear and send out the thank you cards from Monkey's first birthday.  In my defense (OK, it's an excuse) I wanted to send them out along with his first birthday pictures; and we didn't even have these taken until he was nearly 14 months old.  Wow, this is sounding really bad isn't it.


Anyhow, I digress, I pull out my box of cards and start riffling through it and I find thank-you cards the Big Boy had written out for his party back in mid-January.  How did I not send those?  I must have sent them... I know I had him re-write some of them.

I dig a little more and I find a couple of thank-you cards from Turkey's baptism; which was... ehn... not quiet a year ago.  Sigh.

And then, just as I think I couldn't find anymore un-mailed thank-you cards I come across ones I had written for my baby shower.  Um yeah, that was about a year and a half ago.

So in case the cards didn't really get sent out (and obviously they didn't if I have them in front of me)... many thanks for Ethan & Jack and Niko (from Turkey) and thanks to my mom, Beth, Melissa and Melissa.

Off I go to hang my head in shame and dig up the stamps for the thank-yous I just wrote out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts