Wednesday, May 23

Chores

Yesterday Turkey said to me, after I asked him to get started on his chores "You don't care about me".

I replied "I do care about you, that's why I have you do chores".

Daily he has to clean up after himself, put his clothes in his hamper and feed his fish.

Weekly, every Sunday, he has to empty the trash cans in the bedrooms and bathrooms, clean the toilets, and take out the recycling.

As I request he has to set the table, dust, vacuum, put away his clothes, feed the dog or cat, and clean his room / playroom.

Not too much in my opinion.  Reasonable for an eight-year old.

Tonight I decided it was time he learn how to do the dishes.   And by dishes I mean clear the table, load the dishwasher and wash the pots and pans.  The experience sounded something like this:

"I am going to have to dishes for the rest of my life."

"Ugh..... ugh...."

"This is so boring."

"What is the difference between place and throw?  It's in there."

"Ooooohhhhhhhh."


Clearly he needs to do more chores... ha ha ha....


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts