Friday, February 17

Project Food Budget (Week 20)


This week has been a whirlwind, between everyone getting over "the sickness", to Monkey turning 1, to getting Turkey's car ready for the pinewood derby... it's been a crazy week.  This weekend we are having Monkey's birthday party, and tonight Turkey and I went out to do the last of the shopping for it.

I made my list, and Turkey was the perfect shopping helper, he made sure I stuck to my list and if it wasn't on the list asked me if I really needed it, and then added it to the list (to then check it off).  I might have to take him shopping with me more often.

And for more than one reason.  At work today I learned that a colleague's son had passed away, he was 19.  Things like this really hit home for me.... they bring back a flood of memories of loosing my brother and the pain I saw in my parents during that time.

Now lately I have been very stressed, very anxious; to the point of not seeing the trees in the forest.

Tonight shopping I was able to clear all of that away, realizing that life may be stressful, but I have my family and my health... I was able to see my son for who he was and truly enjoy being with him and living in the moment, albeit a grocery shopping moment; but I was able to be there.

I am so sad for my colleague and his family; but I am so thankful I was given the chance to realize what I have.  And for that I am thankful.

We spent $ 62.88 on food for the party and the house (and dog-food).  At the party we are having: chili and cornbread (by my cousin), bbq kielbasa (by a friend), fruit salad (by Husband's aunt), pepperoni and cheese platter, olives & pickles, rice and beans, veggie platter, and ziti with meatballs.  I've made Monkey a 2 tiered cake, all his own; yellow and chocolate and cupcakes of the like for everyone else.

Oh yeah, we're going to be eating leftovers a few days next week; as our guest list is slowly dwindling as guests get hit with "the sickness" themselves.  Gotta love birthday's this time of year.

For most likely less depressing Project Food Budget Posts... check them out here:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts