Monday, January 16

Rice

Husband loves rice.

Turkey hates rice (unless it's fried rice from a Chinese restaurant).

Monkey will eat anything you let him.

Me, I'll eat it... but it's not a "must have" for me.

A few months ago I had gotten a recipe from a co-worker for a super easy rice and bean dish.  It had corn in it as well, which I figured was a plus since Husband and Turkey both like corn.

I've been meaning to make this recipe for months now.

Well I finally made it last week.  I had high hopes for this recipe as it was good for you, and only cost about $3 to make.  It was fast and easy to make.  I was excited.  I couldn't wait to serve it.  It smelled so good.

Turkey loved it.  Husband, not so much.  Go figure.

(I thought it was good, and well Monkey eats everything.)

Husband made some suggestions for next time I make it... and I think it will work out just right next time and EVERYONE will love it.

In case you're wondering...
Cook 1 package of yellow rice according to directions, expect use olive oil instead of butter.  Once boiling and 1 can of drained and rinsed black beans.  Once the rice is done add 1 can of corn, 2 teaspoons of lime juice and 1 teaspoon of coriander.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts