Thursday, March 1

Project Food Budget (Week 22)



Goal: $100
Actual: $120.80

I know, I know, I went over this week; but the majority of it was spent at Pepperidge Farms outlet store.  But we really need bread, and I like to stock pile.  I just can't see paying so much for bread in the store when I know what I can get it for at the outlet.

Meals this week:
Monday: (left-over) baked pasta and salad
Tuesday: French toast and sausage (Husband's pick)
Wednesday: chicken and gravy over rice, with salad (made with left-over chicken)
Thursday: Taco night (again, and again picked by Turkey, he's been told next week he needs to pick something different)
Friday: egg salad sandwiches**
Saturday: Blue & Gold Banquet for Cub Scouts
Sunday: I was going to make poached eggs for dinner, but I'm really liking having a "left-over" type dish for dinner on Monday it makes the beginning of the week so much easier.  So I may have to re-consider.

* Last week at mass we picked up our Operation Rice Bowl donation kit, and this is our "meager meal" of the week.  We will certainly be offering the boys more with dinner (fruit and veggies, etc), but Husband and I are going to try to stick with just the sandwiches and we'll be making a donation into our rice bowl.  The donation is suppose to be what we have saved by having a "meager meal" instead of a traditional size American meal.

Other Blogs Participating

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the breakfasts for dinner! French toast sounds perfect! :)

Post a Comment

Popular Posts